How many times have your heard this: “October 1st is just around the corner!”
You just heard it again. And over the past few months, we’ve also heard this: “They really mean it this time!”
We think they do. Our advice is to take October 1 as an absolute hard deadline for the cutover to ICD-10. And NextGen Healthcare, along with our clearinghouse ViaTrack Solutions, offers a suite of solutions and support to help with your ICD-10 transition. More about that at the end of this blog.
But first, here’s a recap of what we’re doing to make sure we’re prepared… for you!
We’re end-to-end testing this week
This week, ViaTrack Solutions is participating in Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) “end-to-end” testing with seven Medicare payers. The goal of end-to-end testing is to ensure claims with ICD-10 codes can be processed from submission to remittance. As we participate in this end-to-end testing process we’re demonstrating that:
- NextGen Healthcare clients leveraging ViaTrack Solutions can successfully submit ICD-10 claims to the Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) claims systems
- CMS software changes made to support ICD-10 result in appropriately adjudicated claims
- Accurate remittance advices are produced
- Issues are acknowledged that would lead to rejected claims
- Strategies and processes are identified to efficiently fix rejected claims
By now, everyone acknowledges that ICD-10 will impact the entire healthcare community. The end-to-end testing we’re participating in this week is an essential step in ensuring that ViaTrack Solutions is fully prepared to process your ICD-10 claims beginning October 1.
Here’s a list of the Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) that we’re testing with this week:
- Cahaba GBA Jurisdiction 10 Georgia Medicare
- Novitas Solutions Jurisdiction L Pennsylvania Medicare
- Novitas Solutions Jurisdiction L New Jersey Medicare
- Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare
- Palmetto GBA Jurisdiction 11 South Carolina Medicare
- WPS Jurisdiction 5 Kansas Medicare
- WPS Jurisdiction 8 Indiana Medicare
Is your practice prepared? Help is a click away!
NextGen Healthcare offers a robust level of client support, tools, and services for this complex transition because getting this right is essential for timely and accurate payments. Take advantage of our NextGen ICD-10 Tool Kit which includes these helpful resources offered to support your smooth transition to ICD-10.
- ICD-9/ICD-10 Comparison Utility – clients
- ICD-9/ICD-10 Comparison Utility – non-clients
- ICD-10 3M Online Education Program – clients
- ICD-10 3M Online Education Program – non-clients
- ICD-10 Road Map Webinar Series (January, February, March)
The January webinar in our ICD-10 Road Map Webinar Series is this week – January 29 at 3:00 p.m. EST. Don’t miss it: “Your ICD-10 Starting Line”
If you think you’re behind in your ICD-10 planning, or maybe you’re shaky on your overall knowledge of what this transition is really about, download our eBook “Make ICD-10 Easier: Get Answers, Get Ready, Get Going.” You can also read a blog entry by Janna Mullaney, COO, Katzen Eye Group on the excellent lessons Katzen learned as it prepared for the original ICD-10 deadline and can help you prepare for the real ICD-10 deadline.
The flagship CMS resource for ICD-10 provides the federal government’s comprehensive array of ICD-10 transition education and protocols.
After all… October 1 is just around the corner.